We respect your privacy rights. This policy sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it.
Our registration number for the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) is Z2611263.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information that we collect from you to enable us to provide our services to you. If you use any of our services via our site at www.capitalprofile.com (our site), we may collect personal information including your names, date of birth, gender, email, telephone number, address. We also may collect information through any bio details you complete. This information includes personal data as classified and protected by the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act) as amended;
- Information we collect from you each time you contact us;
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them;
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site; and
- Details of your visits to our site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive. They help us to improve our site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern;
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our site according to your individual interests;
- To speed up your searches; and
- To recognise you when you return to our site.
You can find out more about cookies at www.allaboutcookies.org.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us;
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, where you choose to do so;
- To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer;
- To send you a newsletter;
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes; and
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data.